Growing in Generosity
One of the key ways we help people grow into authentic followers of Jesus Christ is by helping them grow in generosity.
on Site Giving
- Cash or Check (made out to "Bethel Baptist Church")
- Numbered envelopes to more easily organize your regular giving
- The above may be dropped in the offering plates passed during Sunday morning worship services
- Or mailed to the church office at 1196 N. Academy St, Galesburg, IL 61401 if you missed a Sunday due to weather, travel, or other reasons
- Use your bank's online tools to use "Bill Pay" to have your bank send your tithe or offering to Bethel
- You can often make these recurring as well
- Use the PayPal link below to make one-time or recurring gifts to Bethel Baptist Church
- Please download and print our Automatic Debit Authorization Form, and turn it into Cindy Reynolds in the church office.
non-Cash Giving Options
Additional giving strategies that may have tax advantages include gifts of appreciated assets such as securities (e.g. stocks or mutual funds), or for those age 70 ½ or older a qualified charitable distribution (QCD) from a traditional or Roth IRA can be used to satisfy part or all of the required minimum distribution (RMD) without having the distribution included in the donor’s income. For more information regarding these strategies, please contact your personal financial advisor or tax accountant.
- Tithe: We believe Scripture exemplifies giving the first 10% (a tithe) as a good baseline to our regular giving.
- Special Offerings: Our occasional special offerings are designed to be above and beyond our regular giving.
- Financial Peace University: We regularly offer FPU classes. If you are unfamiliar with these classes please click here. Contact Cindy Reynolds at the church office to find out when the next class will be offered.
- Sermon: Click HERE to watch Pastor Scott teach on generosity.
- More Questions: Please contact Cindy Reynolds at the church office (309.342.3166) if you have any more questions about giving at Bethel.